After arriving at the Port of Nassau on our Majesty of the Seas Cruise in November, my parents and I joined the group on Royal Caribbean cruise that had signed up for the Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling Port Excursion.
As a bit of background my parents and I had talked at length about which port excursion that we would choose to do. We weren't arriving in Nassau until noon on Saturday and yet we still wanted to experience an adventure off of the ship. I had really enjoyed the Atlantis Aquaventure that my sister and I did in September, but as my parents and I discussed at length what we wanted to do, we knew that we wanted something that would be unique. It was the first time for both of them cruising and being in Nassau and it was my third time so we were looking for something that would allow us to experience the area uniquely.
After researching through all of the options we ended up choosing the Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling Port Excursion and it really was a wonderful and beautiful choice.
The way that Royal Caribbean handles their port excursions was very nice. Having been on other Port Excursions on other ships, this system (although a bit chaotic in some ways) worked fine. When we arrived on the ship we had our tickets waiting for us in our stateroom along with clear instructions on where and when to meet - on the ship. For this particular excursion we gathered in one of the theaters(which was cool and air-conditioned and allowed everyone to comfortably sit while the groups gathered). As a heads up though what made this a bit chaotic was that there were TONS of different excursions meeting in the same place and it was confusing to know exactly which group you were to go with. We even had a woman end up in our group and on our sailboat who was supposed to be in another group. A boat picked her up and things worked out, but just as a heads up it can be a bit overwhelming if you are new to cruising and shore excursions.
After our group number was called we were led off the ship and connected with the tour guides for our specific excursion. There was a large number of us that were apart of this excursion and it took a bit of time to get everyone gathered and signed in.
We didn't mind as we enjoyed the time with each other and looking around at beautiful Nassau.
Eventually we were led by our tour guides to the sailboat that we would be sailing on to reach our destination for the excursion.
We had a great time though and honestly were not disappointed at all! The ride to the island that we would be snorkeling at was gorgeous and allowed us to see parts of Nassau that I had never seen before.
When we arrived at the island we were one of the only boats that was there so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The tour guides gave us clear and brief instructions and then we were able to go into the water.
It was absolutely beautiful! The fish were so colorful and while we never saw a seahorse we enjoyed our time in the water- it was completely refreshing! We had about an hour in the ocean which was the perfect amount of time to explore the area.
As we made our way back to Nassau all three of us agreed that this was a wonderful excursion to experience. If you love the water like our family does and love seeing different parts of the ocean than this is a great choice for an excursion for you! After we got back we had a chance to walk for a little bit along the Port of Nassau and then returned to the boat to see a brilliant and beautiful sunset in the evening.
Here are a couple of tips and thoughts about the Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling Port Excursion if you are interested in choosing this on your Royal Caribbean Cruise:
1. A word of caution about this excursion: depending on the time of year that you go this excursion may or may not be available. The tour guides were explaining to us that we were one of the last groups that they would be taking out for the season. (We went in November and the water was a bit breathtaking. *smiles*)
2. Traveling in November like we did was an excellent time to enjoy this port excursion. The boat was full, but not like it would be during the holiday season that started the following week after we went.
4. The cost of this port excursion is $55 for those who are 10 years old and up. For those who are 3 to 9 years old the cost is $39 and for those who are infants through 2 years old the cost is free. This was one of the moderate priced excursions for this port and we felt that for the time that the excursion lasted (about 3 and 1/2 hours) the price was fair.
5. All snorkel gear is provided although you are welcome to bring your own if you would prefer.
6. A heads up: "Sailing" is a bit of a stretch on the transportation. Yes, you are on a huge sailboat with about 75 other people, but there really is no sailing that is done. There is a motor that they used the entire time so if you are looking for a sailing experience don't expect that with this excursion. Some people on the boat expressed their disappointment about this so I want to make sure to give y'all a heads up.
I hope you enjoyed reading this review of the Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling Port Excursion. It was such a delightful day that I want to go back and do it all over again! Please let me know if you have any questions!