|picture found on internet, altered by Caravan Sonnet|
When I was 15 years old I and several other girls spent the night at one of our friends house to celebrate the end of school and the beginning of summer. Her mom had rented several summer themed movies for us all to watch. As I look back now I see that all of these movies had a similar theme- finding a summer love.
As a single gal who loves summer more than any other season, I admit that for me summer is one of the hardest times of being single. For some people the holidays are hard, for others, like my self, a different season, like the summer is a time of deep surrendering our hopes and dreams. But as I have said so many times here before on the blog, we don't want to waste any of the time that the Lord has for us in any season of life He has called us to. We don't want to miss out on the beautiful things that He is doing now. So if you are single and looking for ideas on how to celebrate this specific season here are 25 lovely ideas to help you fall in love with your life, with this season, and most of all fall more in love with the Lord:
1. Choose a theme to study in scripture and meditate on this throughout the summer. As the summer is the perfect time to be creative, consider combining your study of scripture with creativity, like journaling scripture verses in unique ways.
3. Read new books. Looking for suggestions? Check out my top 5 books that have impacted my life HERE.
4. Spend time with your family and friends. Take the energy you want to invest in a future spouse and pour it into those around you. "What can you do to promote world peace and create a happier world? Go home and love your family." (Mother Teresa)
5. Take long walks. Pray and find comfort that even Lord is near, even in the loneliest times.
7. Go to a music concert or local music festival where you live.
8. Travel or simply find the joy in exploring your city. I have written two posts on this subject (10 Tips for Exploring Your City and 4 More Tips for Exploring your City) to help inspire some ideas of how to do this! (Finding it hard to travel alone? Check out my post, The Single Journey and Travel for some encouragement!)
9. Go on a picnic.
10. Volunteer. Give to a project you are passionate about.
12. Embrace the moments.
15. Face a fear that you have.
16. Pray about how you can encourage your single friends in this season.
17. Learn to love yourself, including your body even if you are struggling with feeling unbeautiful.
18. Embrace this time. Choose to be wise with your time in this hard season.
19. Work on your finances. Create a budget. Set some financial goals.
21. Make a bucket list.
22. Learn a new language, new instrument, new something.
23. Pick some flowers in a field. Remember that the God who created the beauty of flowers loves you so much more.
24. Know that you are leaving a legacy, even in this hard season.
25. Keep a journal and write about all that God is doing every single day.