Cruising 2015: Port of New York City

October 13, 2015

It's hard to believe that it was just two short weeks ago that this adventure began! There are so many AMAZING details that God did on this trip that I am still processing and will share in the near future but am also anxious to share with y'all lots of pictures from this amazing week, and ways that your faithful prayers were answered. It would be an understatement to say that this week was literally a MIRACLE from the Lord and I am confident that this was simply the answer to hundreds and hundreds of you that have been praying on my behalf! THANK YOU so much for all of your prayers last week and for all of your prayers that you pray every single day for my health. Slowly, Surely, Steadily (Habakkuk 2:3) the Lord is healing each day and this week away was just what the doctor ordered. 

The trip began on an early Saturday morning with my dad driving me to New York City to meet Michelle at the airport. Like I had expressed before the cruise, this trip was truly a LEAP of faith for me as I had not been away from my parents or family (and a medical team I was familiar with) for over a year and a half. The thought of stepping out and leaving them, traveling on a cruise ship, and heading into Canada was very overwhelming for me, especially in light of some difficult days leading up to the trip. I share this only so that you can see through the next several days the countless prayers that were answered throughout this special trip! But as we left early in the morning the Lord blessed me with complete peace and excitement about this trip. 

We arrived in New York City early, experienced no traffic, and I had the sweetest time with my dad for those 5 hours to the City. It was such a blessing! In a quick amount of time we met up with Michelle and the next day we got ready for the cruise!! We were so excited to be heading to the cruise and were asking people to pray specifically that there wouldn't be any issues with boarding with all of my medical shots, medical supplies, etc. 
We arrived for the security check-in, had a porter show up and take all of our luggage, had absolutely NO issues (Praise God!) and because we had been given "priority check in" we were able to by pass all of the lines and were taken to an air-conditioned suite where we were able to wait (sitting down) for our paperwork to be processed. 
We are so excited to get on the boat!
The Priority Check-in was incredibly relaxing and we were able to get on the boat very quickly where we then headed to our room and our luggage showed up within the first 10 minutes! 
We had a few minutes and so we enjoyed hanging out on our balcony, praising God for His mercy in our quick check in and the way that He provided for us in so many ways in the first hour of the cruise! The view from our balcony was lovely and allowed us to see some more of New York City!
As the ship started to leave the Port of New York City we had a wonderful time admiring the city skyline and seeing the Statue of Liberty! What a lovely blessing this first day was!!
Even in the clouds the Statue of Liberty looked beautiful!

Post a Comment