This past year was the first year that I did not teach high school students in a very long time. Because I loved my
job life so much during that time there were moments where I missed my students so much that my heart ached. Throughout the year I thought of special moments and times and many times throughout the year I would think, "Oh I would be on the fall retreat right now" or "oh today would be the day that I would give the "thanksgiving feast"" or so many other countless (and to many people inconsequential) things. Each memory is special and each memory is a gift. During this difficult, difficult year I have looked back on those six precious years and my breath catches at how good God was to me to give me such amazing gifts. Six years and I have a thousand memories during those times. For all of the hope that I would change a students' life more for the Lord, it was mine that was changed the most.
In just a few days I am going to be reunited with some precious
former students friends. I have been receiving the most lovely bunch of text messages, emails, facebook messages, and phone calls and I can hardly wait. My heart is so excited to celebrate a dear friends wedding! As I anticipate seeing so many wonderful people memories from my six years of teaching have been flying through my head. I know I have shared some on the blog before but today I had to share a few precious ones.
1. The "senior prank" that went wrong from ASCS. 1-800-LOCK-YOU-UP. :) STILL to this day makes me laugh out loud whenever I think of it!
2. These girls were part of my first cheerleading squad that I was a head coach of. They (were) ARE brilliant, funny, and extremely wonderful. I treasure all of the memories from that year.
3. And just when I thoughts my life was falling apart after a bad break up... the Lord brought these amazing 27 people into my life. I know that I wrote in April about this precious class but Class of 2009- I love you from the bottom of my heart. Words cannot express all that you mean to me.You deserve a million posts- a book really. One day. :)
4. 7th period AP World. The best class ever. How could it not be? I mean I know my time is running out... hahaha :) And the best.cake.ever. :)
5. Undoubtedly one of the best senior trips ever. :) Beautiful- I love you and can't wait to see you in a couple of days! (The air horn... hahaha)
7. "Field Trips"= ASCS- the Washington DC trip (including the part where we got lost); WCA- the CCP trips to starbucks (including the time that Carina stole my car); FCS- the noble beauty trip to see a movie and the beach. :) All treasured memories.
8. LOTS of talks - especially over ice (Love you IBFL). Sunshine - you are the best. I love you. Immensely. FFS- you have brought such joy to my life. Thank you.
|photo credit: lindsay m.|
9. ASCS- Hotel Rwanda is to violent to watch. Because
of the genocide depicted someone throws ice on another person. Ignore the fact that your teacher told you that she threw ice on her sister when she was younger.
10. How can I just pick 10? This picture probably captures my emotions the best as I think back on six years of teaching. I was HONORED and humbled to get to know and spend time with all of the students who were in my classes and who are changing their worlds.
God has been so good to me! I love y'all!!